Wednesday, July 2, 2008

3 days to the wedding!

I got the bluetooth wireless keyboard set on my PDA. Today has been a crazy day so far. It's July 2nd, 2008 and today we got my suit for the wedding. Finally, it is done. After the disaster about the suite from yesterday, I am glad it is done with. Banana Republic has been good to me, so I got a suit from there. Gin, Diane (Gin’s mom), and I love it. My parents weren't too thrilled about the suit, but oh well, we love it. Besides we don't have too much time or too many options here in Poconos, PA.

My mom left her purse after having lunch at Au Bon Pain. It was tremendously stressful for all of us because my parents had their passports in there. Thank goodness we're here in Poconos, PA and not in Brooklyn, NY because someone had turned in her purse to the main counter when we went back to pick it up. My mom was in tears and my dad was frantic, but I am glad that we found it.

Gin and I were ready to go pick up the wedding stuff at Abhishek Decorators and we found out that the minivan wasn't enough to go pick up the stuff because there was too many things. I had to call U-Hhaul, which turned out to be too expensive, but Enterprise car rental had a good deal on cargo van. I book the cargo van with Enterprise and we were ready to go until Abhishek Decorators gave us specific instructions that if we weren't there before 5:30pm, they'd leave and we'd have to turn around without the stuff. So after thinking this through, we decided to ask Kaushal (my brother-in-law) to go and pick up the stuff from Abhhishek Decorators on July 4th. BTW, I had already reserved a cargo van in the mean time under his name without asking him if he'd be ok with it J. I called him afterwards and he said he'd gladly do it for us. I knew I could count on him! So now Nikhil and Kaushal will go and pick up the decoration stuff from Abhishek Decorators on Friday, July 4th.

I had suggested Gin's father, Doug, to have Webbie (Gin’s sister’s fiancĂ©e) to come up to Edison, NJ to pick up the car for their convenience and somehow getting the car to Webbie became our responsibility. Anyhow, moral of the story, don't meddle with things you're not suppose to meddle with. I think I'd stay out of those situations in the future. Gin's mom and dad will drive up to Hobokean, NJ tomorrow and deliver the car to Webbie at work (Webbie's got a sweet deal there).

So far today has been quite an eventful day, but everything seems to have been working out fine. This has been the craziest week of my entire life between planning for the wedding, packing for the trip, moving out of the apartment, and playing a host for my parents.

One would think that I can't wait for this to be over, but on the contrary, I think I'd miss not having friends and family around even though they tend to make my life more complicated. Besides, when will there be another moment when everyone will get together. I will miss them once Gin & I leave the country and will be wishing we had more of them.

5 comments:

Vatsa said...

Hey guys! Congratulations!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

heyy mr jadav nd mrs jadav (lol) dat felt funny... well anyways im happy to hear that yu guys are havin fun nd a great timee. congratulations to both of yous nd good luck wit evrything luv yu both nd i mizs yu alot mr jadav yu were da best teacher ever <3 =)

Unknown said...

OMG...congratz 2 d both of u!!! i cant wait for the pics of ur wedding!!

have a safe honey moon!

best,

B

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Jadav. Congrats on the wedding. I hope you guys have a great time going around the world.

Eric Richardson.

P.S. Have a great honey moon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. & Ms. Jadav, Hope your adventure is better than you could imagine. You guys leaving everything behind and traveling together is pretty inspirational. Thanks!

Meghan B:)